skip to page content

April Was A Positive Month For All Of The Indices

Adam Hewison - MarketClub

Loading the player...

Despite choppy trading conditions, all the major indices closed out the month of April in the plus column. While these gains were very small, they were nonetheless gains for the month. The NASDAQ closed out the month at 4,941.88 which represented a gain of .69%. The S&P led the group with a gain of .85%, while the Dow lagged with just a small gain of .36% for the month of April.

There was no question about it, the last week in April was difficult with the sharp drop in equity prices. If one looked just at the short-term trends, you could easily be blinded to the longer-term positive trends that are currently in place for all the major indices.

In today's video, I'll be examining the major indices to see how much damage was done with this short-term pullback. I will also be looking at gold which closed out the month of April with small losses and looks to be on the defensive today. 

Remember how everybody was negative on crude oil, saying it was going to $20-$30 a barrel? Well, guess what? That didn't happen. If you look back at some of my earlier videos, you can see that the Trade Triangle technology and the chart pattern analysis did not confirm the conclusion of lower prices for crude oil. Crude oil continues to be in a strong upward trend, trading very close to the $60 a barrel range. I still think crude oil can move higher and I'll share that target zone with you today.

A very similar chart pattern to crude oil exists in the Eurodollar which everyone was bearish on. The pattern I recognized along with the Trade Triangles indicated that there could be a rebound and that's exactly what has happened. The euro is currently trading at 1.1256 which is considerably higher than the recent 1.0600 was witnessed just 14 days ago.

It's the end of the week and it has been quite a week and the markets are rallying sharply. The question is, is this a dead cat bounce from the sharp or a genuine buying opportunity? As always, I will rely on the Trade Triangles to keep me on the right track.

Back to videos

Get Started With Your 30-Day MarketClub Trial Right Now

Get Started

© Copyright MarketClub™ All rights reserved | User Agreement | Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MarketClub/INO, a division of TIFIN Group LLC, is affiliated with Magnifi via common ownership. Affiliates of Magnifi will receive cash compensation for referrals of clients who open accounts with Magnifi. Due to this compensation, a conflict of interest exists since MarketClub/INO has an incentive to recommend Magnifi LLC.

Magnifi LLC does not charge advisory fees or transaction fees for non-managed accounts. Clients who elect to have Magnifi LLC manage all or a portion of their account will be charged an advisory fee. Please see Magnifi’s Form ADV for additional information about fees and charges that may apply. Magnifi LLC receives compensation from product sponsors related to recommendations. Other fees and charges may apply.

Magnifi, normally $14 per month, will be available at no additional cost to MarketClub members. Account holders must be 18 years of age and have an approved Magnifi account. Magnifi will determine qualifying account holders at its own discretion.

U.S. Government Required Disclaimer—Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Futures and Options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don't trade with money you can't afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.

CFTC RULE 4.41—HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

All trades, patterns, charts, systems, etc., discussed in this advertisement and the product materials are for illustrative purposes only and not to be construed as specific advisory recommendations. All ideas and material presented are entirely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the publisher or INO.com. No system or methodology has ever been developed that can guarantee profits or ensure freedom from losses. No representation or implication is being made that using the MarketClub™ methodology or system will generate profits or ensure freedom from losses. The testimonials and examples used herein are exceptional results, which do not apply to the average member, and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual's success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire, and motivation.

It’s not goodbye, it’s hello Magnifi!

You are now leaving a Magnifi Communities’ website and are going to a website that is not operated by Magnifi Communities. This website is operated by Magnifi LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser affiliated with Magnifi Communities.

Magnifi Communities does not endorse this website, its sponsor, or any of the policies, activities, products, or services offered on the site. We are not responsible for the content or availability of linked site.

Take Me To Magnifi